Tuesday 10 May 2016

Ajisen Ramen @ Hurstville

I feel I am slowly gravitating towards that level of Ramen addiction!  Remember way back in the day when I just didn't get what the fuss was all about.  Over time I think my taste buds are evolving!
 
Last Saturday I suggested we use a voucher that had been sitting around and head up to Hurstville to test out Ajisen.  I have always walked past this little casual ramen place but never got around to dining here.
 
The 3 of us grabbed a table and the waitress handed over laminated menus.  After much to'ing and fro'ing we made our choices. 
 
Note that you can also buy a couple of bottles of Japanese beer to go along with your ramen.
 
I settled with a bowl of the Spicy Karaage Chicken ramen.  The broth is a surprising light yet creamy and the chicken is crispy and hot and doesn't get to soggy in the soup.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The 'little' bro has the tonkatsu ramen (hold the mushrooms).  yeah he hates them with a passion.  He is so not a fung -I (fun guy)!!!  Excuse the pun I couldn't help myself.  I can't take credit for that though,  I heard this the other day on the telly and have been waiting to use it since!
 
 
 
 
the boyfee , who is now quiet partial to the ramen goes the Special, which has karaage, ribs, chasu and egg.
 
The usual condiments are on offer along with an awesome pot of fried garlic powder that we all liberally sprinkle on!!! I wonder if you can buy that stuff anywhere?
 
The restaurant has a few students, young locals and mostly people just wanting a quick and easy dinner before heading off on their Saturday night.  It's a decent bowl and quiet hearty.  Definitely would visit again if I was wanting a bowl of quick ramen.
 
 
 
 
Ajisen Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:


  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete