Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Laughing Goat Cafe @ Kogarah

A cafe that has been on my hit list for quite sometime turned out to be one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time...and to imagine that it is in my neighbourhood this hidden gem is going to see alot more of me! Why haven't I been sooner?
 
 
 
Tucked inside the Southern Antiques Centre on the Princess Highway at Kogarah (across the road from Jubilee Oval) The Laughing Goat Cafe is a welcoming spot for everyone including being pet friendly.
 
 
Inside, the uniqueness of the decor is a bit hit.  I enjoy sitting back and looking at all the unusual light fittings and antiques dotted around the place and can't wait to go poking around the antique centre afterwards.  Many pieces take me back to my childhood days.  It's a fun space!
 
 
 
Being a week day (Friday) it's on the 'quieter' side, but that's not to say that there wasn't a steady flow of customers. It is nice to sit and chat to Jenna, who owns/runs  the cafe with her Partner Todd (who I meet later on).  Weekends it gets very busy for brunch and lunch goers.
 
Jenna tells me that they are planning some events later in the year.  I'm keeping my eye out for them.
 
We happen to be celebrating my friends birthday today too!
 
So she starts with a chai latte and tells me she really likes it and who doesn't love a tiny teddy with your coffee.
 
 
 
I go with my usual skim cappuccino served in a big cup. 
 
 
The menu is very appetising and  birthday girl goes with Eggs Benny with smoked salmon and avocado. Th homemade hollandaise is perfect - It is always about the poached egg and hollandaise sauce that makes this dish what it is!   This was done perfectly.
 
 
 
I go with an unlikely suspect of the Pesto Scrambled Eggs with a side of bacon (because well....bacon!). This dish is surprisingly excellent.  The pesto is mixed through the eggs and they are fluffy and light and very refreshing.

 
 
The Laughing Goat Cafe is a perfect place for breakfast, brunch or lunch or just to grab a coffee.  The cafe are using coffee beans from Black Poison and it's pretty decent cup of java.
 
 
Before checking out the antique centre before heading off, ensure to peruse the vast selection of baked goods from the glass cabinet.  All homemade, there is a sweet selection for any palate.  We decide on a piece of the rocky road that is decadent and sits on a Golden Rough biscuit base.  We take that home for afternoon tea (which may have been more elevensies than arvo smoko!).
 
 
Apparently the Laughing Goat burger is pretty good too (even being compared to a certain famous burger over the bridge in Sylvania).  I am eager to return to give it a go.  Keep up to date with upcoming events too on Facebook as they have mentioned a burger night or two.
 
Looking forward to coming back very soon. 
 
 
 
 
245 Princess Hwy
Kogarah 
Click to add a blog post for Laughing Goat Cafe on Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment