Monday 8 December 2014

Foragers Markets @ Bulli

I finally got myself down to Bulli a few weeks ago for the Foragers Market which is held at Bulli Showground each Sunday. An hour from Sydney.  Easy reach and makes for a great Sunday drive!.

My recent visit coincided with the Artisan market, that is on the second weekend of each month too. 


Wandering the fresh produce stalls which is undercover I notice there was some great produce on offer from fresh fruit and veg, baked goods and lots of sweet treats including many *insert paleo/dairy/gluten/sugar free* treats.


Ben at Nougat Royale does some wonderful nougat.  Chewy and packed full of dried cherry and toasted coconut and I'm eyeing off the shards of honeycomb.



 


I was rather taken with the lovely young ladies over at Earlybird Jams. They make a fabulous range of seasonal jams including the popular raspberry and vanilla bean jam and their range of peanut butters are a must buy. Select from five blends of peanut butter and chocolate or salted caramel. I have to say I was a big fan of the peanut butter and white chocolate, it reminds me of fudge! Yes please!!!!

 
 


 
The protein balls at Raw Vibes look so pretty and delicious. I want to gobble them all up.


 

The goji berry brownies look smashing...the presentation here is outstanding.




Mum and son team at One Jar At a Time is an absolute gem of a business. An all rounder with the belief of no food wastage, fairtrade and fair price, using local and organic and ethically sourced produce and green.
 
 
 

Preparing jams and chutneys in small batches as a way of keeping track of their food miles. It’s a very ethical based business. I love everything about this…..oh and their product is damn good too! Eggplant curry leaf chutney? Tomato and Ginger? Or even a strawberry and almond jam.. Yes please!
 


The vibe of the market is alternative, raw and quirky (in my opinion). It's energetic and oozing a good vibe.  It's friendly and laid back and it’s a great way to spend a Sunday morning. 

Worth noting is the Cool Room. If you purchase any fresh produce head to the cool room where you can leave it in the 'fridge' and enjoy the rest of the day without freaking out you will miss our on purchases (if you don't get in early!)
 
My visit was on a glorious sunshine filled day and it drove us outside where the many artisan stalls along with a few food stalls are. Bacon and egg rolls, pulled pork/ brisket rolls and Vietnamese noodles and soups are all on offer. Grab a coffee and something to eat and pull up a space on the grassed area and listen to the band playing some great tunes. Umbrellas, mats and beanbags and the odd sofa lounge are provided to make your seating more pleasurable and comfy.
 
My friend and I grab a couple of bites.  She goes with the trusty bacon and egg roll where I go with the beef brisket, slaw, house BBQ and miso ranch.  So juicy and tasty and the miso ranch is....well yummy.  We sit back and soak up the sun and vibes while catching up and playing with her adorable 1 year old son, who I just love to bits!
 
 
I don't seem to have any photos of the band nor the awesome chillout area! EPIC food blogger fail!  Maybe you just need to go and check it out yourself.  It's only 1 hour from the south side of Sydney!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment