Monday 10 June 2013

My plate - Mum's potato salad

This photo has been well received! Due to popular demand I'm going to post  Mum's recipe for a simple but delicious potato salad. This is not a secret family recipe handed down through the generations. Hahha. My family was not a cooking family!!! And my mum doesn't like cooking very much! She is baffled to how I became to be the foodie that I am! Perhaps that is why I have!

Anyway, I called her for the recipe and realised how easy it is and versatile.

Ingredients

1kg med- large new potatoes, halved
4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled, chopped into chunks 
3 shallots (spring onions), sliced
1/4 cup o mayonnaise (I used low fat)
2-3 tbs sour cream
3 tbs French dressing
Paprika (optional for dusting)

Method

Boil potatoes until tender. Drain and cool for a few minutes. 

Peel skins off potatoes and chop in half again (if to big chop to bite size chunks).
Place in bowl and pour in French dressing (using a little more if it absorbs to much) 
Add mayonnaise and sour cream
Stir to combine and dressing coats potatoes.
Stir in eggs an shallots.
Sprinkle with a few green top shallots and a dusting of paprika!

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

See told ya it was easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment