Sunday 29 April 2012

Epcot F&W Festival 2010 - Day 1 Part 2

and the feasting continues in Part 2 (the afternoon session!)

Singapore: Shrimp Cake with Singapore Noodle Salad

I didn’t like the shrimp cake (oddly as I usually love them). I found this very bland, cold and spongy…the cold noodles however were tasty with the sesame oil tossed through them.

Hops and Barley: Boston-style Crab Cake with Cabbage Slaw and Rémoulade


I love crab cakes but being from Australia were seafood is super expensive, especially crab (and lobster) I was eager to sink my teeth into them. (are you surprised that our seafood is expensive considering we are the biggest island in the world?...yeah it’s a huge issue here)…I digress….

I have to say I was disappointed.Why? mainly because of the dill mixed through it. I am not a fan.

Hops and Barley: New England Lobster Roll


Again, was disappointed due to the amount of dill sprinkled through it.

Hops and Barley: Boston Lager (I think)


Enough to wet my lips….

US: Bison Chili with Wild Mushrooms, Cabernet, and Pepper Jack Cheese



Well hello Bison Chilli! I am moving to Bison country and to meet me a cowboy, where I can eat chilli and saddle up a horse….this chilli was get my whip out delish!.

US: Heirloom Tomatoes with Oregon Blue Cheese, Red Onions, and Basil

Really loved this dish. Cold and tasty with a wonderful bite from the Oregon Blue….I am hunting down the recipe!

US: Red Stag by Jim Beam



Cold and icy refreshing, just what I needed as it was getting hot and I was parched! The glass was empty very quickly!

Spain: Seared Albacore Tuna with Romesco Sauce
Another dish that I wasn’t overly impressed with. The tuna was way overcooked and the romesco sauce was gluggy.

Ireland: Lobster and Scallop Fisherman’s Pie


Yum, yum and yum….the lobster was sweet and the scallop tender…nothing overcooked here! An absolute winner!

Desserts & Champagne: Strawberry Angel Verrine


The only reason I ended up with this was because I wanted the tasting plate of all three but they had run out of dark chocolate sensation. It was light and tasty enough. I am not usually a huge dessert person, but occassionaly I will indulge.


Desserts & Champagne: White Star Impérial

Sweet, crisp and lovely…Thanks Moet…

Puerto Rico: Medianoche Sandwich


A choice just to say I had something from the country….I only took one bite…to much bread for me and at this point I was feeling rather full….I should have had the Asopao de Pollo (Chicken Soup with Rice)

Puerto Rico: Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada



But this! Wow….an adult slurpee that was very cherry tasting……..yum

So what's next.....more days of the F&W Festival?

No comments:

Post a Comment